Friday, January 28, 2011

Water? But it's so Heavy...

So this whole 2 litres of water a day thing?  Actually, I'm 5'10 so it's a little more than that, but...

I get it.  And I try really really hard to go through with it.  You know, every once in a while I'll really commit and I'll drink as much as I can, usually going over 8 glasses?  Granted, most of those are chugged first thing in the morning or right before bed so I can tell myself I've been properly hydrating myself, but you know.  Don't do that people - the way to stay properly hydrated is to drink throughout the day!  But you win some, you lose some.



I recently purchased the Vapur Anti-Bottle in Black (from Whole Foods for $11.99), and I have to say, I quite like it!  I've only really used it for about a day and a half, but I can already tell you how much more my shoulders love me for not toting around a 750 mL Voss bottle. 

The Anti-Bottle is briliant; it folds up so it doesn't take up as much room in your bag, but it still stands when you fill it even with the tiniest bit of water.  It comes with a carabiner (probably not an amazing one, but I have nothing but the wall-climbing ones that save your life to compare it to), I suppoe so you can hang it off...things...

Anyway, it holds 500 mL, which is great because anything less I'd finish too quickly and anything more would be obnoxiously heavy.  It's got one of those tops like sports bottles have, which I don't really use because I can't help but be reminded of baby bottles when I use those.  I just unscrew the top and drink from the neck.

That being said - they say it's top rack safe, but I'm still feeling a little squidgy about just washing this without the aid of a dishwasher.  My only option really right now is to fill it with soap and water and shake but how clean does that get, really?  Ideas?

I also don't roll it up when I've completely depleted the water because I've never subscribed to the rolling school of packing (they will STILL wrinkle.  Just in vertical line, that's all), and I believe that rolling stuff will capture more air between the rolls and waste more space than if you just laid the damn thing down flat.  Hear me now "expert packers".  Watch me pack for more days in a tinier case than you.

Drink up, everybody!
Follow VAPUR for some fun water facts on Twitter @vapur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment