Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My first...

Well, lots of things.  But most importantly...

My first MAC brush.

How is this possible, you ask?  I guess I just never got around to it.  Yeah, there's no excuse, I'm a bad beauty blogger =) hopefully this first one will be enough to make up for the lack of MAC tools in my life.

First in my collection?



The 187 Duo Fibre Stippling brush.  Let's have a moment of reverence.


Okay, I'm done.  It's a goat/synthetic brush and the site says it's used for powder application, but based on what the beauty girls have been saying, I'm using it to apply liquid foundation.  It's a little bigger than I expected on my face, but I really can't imagine switching to something smaller like the 188 and taking that much more time to cover my entire face.  Maybe one day, when I have all the time in the world?  

I'm still playing with it and trying to figure out how to best use it.  So far, I'm pouring out the liquid on the back of my hand, picking it up with the brush and dotting it on my face.  Buffing it out is the awkward part for me - I feel like I'm pressing too hard maybe?  Let me know if you do it differently.

The finish is pretty air-brush-y as the reviews have been saying, and I do feel like my foundation looks more like my normal skin.  I'll post a look later using this brush and you can tell me if it looks better/worse!

5 comments:

  1. I got the e.l.f. version of the stippling brush so we'll both have to compare how we like/dislike them! I use the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge for foundation now and it works great with the stippling effect.

    By the way, I love the part of your blog that says "nothing makes me happier than an impulse purchase" because I cannot agree more! hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. @t_smith

    I got the Sonia Kashuk sponge a while back but I felt like it absorbed a lot of product? Does yours do that? Or maybe I should use it for the finish and not the actual application.

    re: impulse purchase - that's absolutely what this was haha! well I guess impulse as in I wanted it, but I didn't actually plan to buy it that day LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. on my to do list this weekend- get new brushes! It's long overdo and you've inspired me!

    http://turquoiseandteale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigued!! So why do you think it works better than a foundation brush?? Sounds interesting ... I use an eco tools foundation brush with estee lauder double wear. It's a nightmare to wash out of brushes ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Me, my best and I I've never really liked foundation brushes - maybe I'm not using them correctly but I feel like the finish is a little streaky. I've never tried EL Double Wear, but I've heard it's amazing. How do you like it??

    ReplyDelete