Thursday, September 13, 2012

revlon mattes


So far, I only own one matte Revlon colour -- Mauve it Over. This time, I decided to hit both ends of the spectrum and get a ultranude colour and a dark.  I don't usually go for these colours, so I figured a sale was the right time to do it.


I really like the texture of these -- they're not moisturizing, but certainly not as drying as some mattes I've tried.  Make sure you start with a smooth lips, because these do have a tendency to ball up any excess skin and the colour accumulates in those areas, giving you a weird, patchy look.  You should be fine as long as you let a lip balm sink in beforehand.


Wine Not is a dark, blackened cherry with just enough brown in it to keep you from looking like a 90s vampire.  I put this on full-strength from the bullet, and soon enough, it settled into my lips comfortably and didn't look quite as shocking.  I've been after a dark colour for a while, so I'm ready to wear this.  Pair it with perfect, dewy skin and a full lash.

Nude Attitude is a concealer lips shade -- definitely not a look I go for, but I bought it to mix with other colours.  I find that a lot of lip colours have a little too much purple in them, so this will be an easy way to add in that dusty peach tone that my skin needs.  Also, I bought this because Lisa Eldridge likes it.  That's all the justifying I need in my head.

L-R: Nude Attitude, Wine Not


These retail for $10.99 in Canada.  Is it just me, or is drugstore makeup getting a little pricey?

9 comments:

  1. oh i love revlon matte lipsticks. red colors are very nice in this finish. ;)
    i have to agree with you on the steep drugstore price although revlon has been always a little expensive than others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Didn't it used to be a prestige brand? Like wayyy back when

      Delete
    2. you're absolutely right. revlon was a competitor of estee lauder back then. ;)

      Delete
    3. You know, I much prefer Revlon to Estee Lauder, even now!

      Delete
  2. I find Revlon is a more expensive drug store brand. Nude Attitude is SO brown, I imagine it would be tricky to wear.

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely quite tricky on its own, you'd have to have a really peachy, creamy skin colour. It's nice to add a little dustiness to your lip colour though!

      Delete
  3. Drugstore products are creeping up and up in price! I stock up on my favourites in fear of them increasing next time I go to buy them, this has happened before!
    Lovely lipsticks, Revlon have my trust! X
    daisiemaez.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Eldridge is amazing! Wine Not looks gorgeous!!! :)

    Also, I agree about drugstore getting expensive. Revlon especially!

    ReplyDelete