Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

Get Peachy Cheek

One of my favourite colours to wear when it gets warmer is peach.  I love everything yellow, but since that would just blend into my skin, I go for yellow-based pinks.  I've got all your bases covered -- a true matte orange, a peach, a coral and a pink shimmer.

Ben Nye Orange Pop:  This is not for the faint of heart.  This is a heavily pigmented, matte orange that looks crazy in the pan and is crazy beautiful on the skin.  I layer it under bronzer for a freshly sun-kissed look and it pulls a little red on me, but on a paler skin, this stays a true orange.  For best results, use a brush that's not too dense -- I use a fan brush like the MAC 184 or my Suqqu cheek brush.

Benefit Coralista: This peachy, shimmery slice of heaven is the newest in my rotation.  It's very pastel on my olive skintone, but it brightens like no other blush I own.  The medium shimmer adds an incredible glow to the skin; I use this on days that I feel tired or dull and it hides all my secrets.

Tarte Tipsy: This uber bright coral is my go-to when I want to look very summery.  It's not at all a natural-looking flush, so be prepared to wear with a full face.  At the very least, you'll need a lip colour to keep you from looking washed out.  I like to wear mine with glossy, neutral lip and a metallic, gold eye.

NARS Orgasm: This cult colour isn't one I regularly reach for (I usually turn to its less red-toned sister, The Balm Hot Mama), but there usually comes a time mid-summer where my skin gets dark enough that I finally get the hype; the gold shimmer in this pink blush really is beautiful. My favourite way to wear this is with a thick line of smudgy black kohl liner -- it's my I woke up like 'dis look.

12 comments :

  1. Tipsy! I forget about that one. Time to pull it out! That Ben Nye one looks amazing. I need to look at their stuff some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There's a couple of makeup artist brands I'm really interested in. The texture on this one is really lovely as well, and it's not expensive at all!

      Delete
  2. Love the image you put together - so purdy. I only have Coralista of these, and it's awesome. You're right, so good at adding a natural but awesome glow and making me feel like superwoman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I wear Coralista SO often, and I'm not even a little sick of it. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love love love Ben Nye products! They are so pigmented and have great staying power. But you're right, not for the faint of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mah werd, where do you get Ben Nye in Canada? THAT BLUSH...I WILL ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE. Tipsy has been on my to-buy list for the longest time, but my 'pretty fund' is currently severely depleted, so that will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get it at R Hiscott's, but Complections has Ben Nye!

      Delete
  5. I do love a peachy blush, I need to check out the Ben Nye colour range as though its not a highly covered brand when I do read reviews they are always good
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the little swatch hearts. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I obsessed for so long about getting them (relativeely?) even haha

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric