Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

VLOG: New Year's Eve in NYC








Tod and I had a blast in NYC last week -- we saw some old friends, rang in the new year, and wandered the streets between meals.  This was a five-day glutton's retreat, and we can't wait to do it all over again.  This was largely a food-based trip, but never fear, I have a mini haul coming for you on Thursday.  Check back!

I'm a firm believer in sharing coffee/ice cream/restaurant discoveries, so here are a few of the food spaces we checked out!

Everyman Espresso | Great coffee to go.
136 East 13th Street
New York, NY 10003

Jack's Wife Freda | I die.  Get everything.  Instead of whipped cream, it's Greek yogurt #drool
224 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10012

Keen's Steakhouse | Chef Bill Rodgers my new favourite person.
72 West 36th Street
New York, NY 10018

Gregory's Coffee | First coffee this trip, conveniently located near Penn Station
874 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10001

Papaya Dog | I accidentally ordered 32 oz of papaya juice. I finished.
239 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10003

Roebling Tea Room | That pancake was to die for.  Not sure how I feel about grits. 
143 Roebling Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211

Ninth Street Espresso | So good.  
700 East 9th Street
New York, NY 10009

Yankee Deli | Egg + cheese + bacon on the roll is a friggin' revelation.
647 East 11th Street #2
New York, NY 10009

Copper and Oak | Literally wall to wall scotch.  The other wall is cognac / brandy / tequila.
157 Allen Street
New York, NY 10002

Mikey's Burger | Cheese fries with spicy mayo and an avocado shake.  Don't ask questions.
134 Ludlow Street
New York, NY 10002

Dough's | EVERYTHING.  Also a Claire Marshall (/heyclaire) recommendation
448 Lafayette Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205

15 comments :

  1. ohh I love New York! and haha the 3rd picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha if that third photo could be made into wallpaper I'd cover my entire house in it. I'd also randomly throw in one that reads "You gonna eat that?"

      Delete
  2. Ah, another amazing video! NYC is my all-time favourite place to visit and you've captured the spirit of the city so well. My bf and I spent New Years there last year and it's extra beautiful (though freezing!) this time of year. Glad you had such a great time :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! Omg it was SO COLD on new year's!!! We ended up walking about 30-odd blocks because we couldn't get a cab (clearly I'm not New York-y enough)

      Delete
  3. Love how you captured the true essence of NYC, and isn't vacation all about enjoying good food?!

    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Food can really make or break a vacation I think!

      Delete
  4. Oh this is fun, like seriously fun! The weather looks NICE in the video, and thanks for the amazing little tour. When I get to go back to New York, I'd love to try some of the restaurants you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If you go, let me know and I'll suggest a few others that weren't shown too :-)

      Delete
  5. And another video that I loved! Thanks for listing the places that you went to! It's always so helpful when people do that. :)

    blush and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent yesterday morning catching up on your videos (~over breakfast~) and UGH, I AM JELS OF YOUR TRIPS, VLOGGING STYLE AND EDITING. Someday I will spend the holidays in NYC, skating at Rockafeller, watching that ball drop, etcetc *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE'LL GO TOGETHER. I've actually not done Rockefeller!

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric